Saturday, January 17, 2009

Techno-savvy?

David bought an i-pod nano for me as a surprise Christmas gift. Although I had never mentioned wanting one, he knew that I would like it. But what really made me excited about the nano is that it uses the Nike-Fit+ technology. Let me say upfront that I cannot wear Nike shoes. Oh, the pain! Plus, I have to wear a size 12 in them and my ego can't take that. But you can order the chip and receiver on their own (for only $30).

My receiver cover came in the mail yesterday so today I gave it a try. Of course, I read the directions again after my jog was over- had some real "duh" moments with it. It is pretty cool- sort of like having a Garmin watch (we have an old Garmin- it went on the fritz but is now back to working).

All of this has made me feel like a technologically advanced person (of course, in my family that's not saying much since my mom want to go to hooker.com to find chairs...). So I bit the bullet and joined Facebook today. I have sent out several invites to be friends (so junior high). One lady (was a girl not so long ago) accepted and when I viewed her profile I found a photo album posted by a guy who lived on David's dorm floor with- surprise- pics of David back in the old mullet days! Makes me wistful.

If you have a facebook account, let me know and I'll add you as a friend.

I am not sure I have the time needed to keep up with an additional distraction but surely I can fit it in.

While we're talking technology, we got the Wii Outdoor Challenge game and man, is that thing fun. Funny to watch people do it, fun to play. I even earned a bronze crown last night.

4 comments:

cyclefreaks said...

I LOVED Outdoor challenges! Did you play against each other in stomp a mole? We played it on advanced and man it about killed us.

I'm on facebook!

morning miles said...

I will invite you! Excellent- should've known you were there!

Actually I kick ass at the mole stomping. Watching Dave do it was like watching Riverdance- I swear he was dancing an Irish jig.

Anonymous said...

I can grow the mullet again, if'n you want to. I know there's got to be some thrill by running your fingers through my shaggy, Fabio-like mane.

morning miles said...

Mr.Miles,
Your mullet is not long and shaggy. I distinctly remember it being short and pubic-like.

Your employer would just LOVE that.