Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lashes

The Tulsa World had sort of a funny story this morning. It wasn't meant to be funny but it was about the latest in eyelashes. Apparently there is a place in Tulsa that can perform a "lash thickening" treatment and/or a lash perm. That's right- a lash perm. The tech (lash perming lady) said that it smells just like a regular perm. OMG! Can you imagine how potentially dangerous that is? Let only costly!

The lash thickening treatment was on sale for $75- essentially the lady uses industrial grade glue to mix synthetic eyelashes in with your real eyelashes- normally it is $150.

Hello? Ever heard of drugstore falsies?

On Sunday there was a story about a new lash thickening drug coming on the market. The drug was initially developed as a treatment for glaucoma but the lash thickening element of it was discovered as a side effect. It is $250 for a one month prescription.

And we wonder what the hell is wrong with our country? There are people willing to spend hundreds of dollars monthly for thicker lashes when they could just go down to the drugstore and buy mascara and a lash curler (or some fake lashes) for less than $20. Puh-leeze.

Speaking of cosmetic changes, I have been playing with chocolate in the kitchen today. Being trapped, I mean being inside the house in the ice makes me want to bake. Bad for the old waistline. If only I had some level of self-control...

2 comments:

cyclefreaks said...

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You are right, what the hell is wrong with our country. Permanent makeup and lash-thickening. Give me a break.

I wish we had some chocolate to play with. There is NO junk in this house. Best I get is Edy's real fruit bars. I think we need to trek across the street for some El Tapatio today!

morning miles said...

I got really desperate! I used cocoa powder, butter, peanut butter, sugar, and marshmallows to make a chocolate/pb/marshmallow sauce and then threw in chex cereal, honey nut cherrios, and fiber one. Kind of a bastardized cousin of the rice krispie treat.