Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Too many thoughts

I have had a really hard time sleeping the last two nights and I think the problem is that I can't stop thinking about my research project. I keep waking up and thinking about sections that need more detail. It would be funny if I wasn't tired!

And to add to this, I actually really enjoy my Monday night class. We have the weirdest sessions. Last night we spent almost 45 minutes discussing interviews (as a data source) through both the positivist and the post-modernistic perspectives. Very stimulating.

In case you don't know, I totally buy into the theory that toddlers go through cycles of independence and dependence. I agree with the research that posits that this cyclic behavior is what leads to fits. Further, I think that as kids move closer to the age of 4 they spend more time in what I will call the "good mood" cycle and less time in the "bad mood" cycle. I was pleased this weekend to see Rachel back in the good mood cycle.

But I can sympathize with kiddos when they throw fits (notice: sympathize- not condone or encourage). It has to suck to have someone else constantly get to make all of the choices about your life. That is why I love Love and Logic- choices are paramount. And why my kid (occasionally both of them) looks like a hobo sometimes- I am not willing to fight over the clothes she wears. As long as she isn't asking to shop at Massad's.

No comments: