Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Death, Doom, and Destruction

So no, this is not an apocalyptic email. Instead, this is about the Hamby women elbows.

Some people nickname "special" body parts. Not us. Lauren and I have nicknamed my elbow points death, her elbow points doom, and Rachel's elbow points destruction.

I could probably use my super sharp and pointy elbow as an ice pick (except that I hate to be cold). As a kid, I used the tip of my chin and my elbow to bore pain into my brother (typically when he tried to fart on my face). Now I threaten the elbow when David is up to something.

These are the quality thoughts I have. No nicknames for private parts (aren't you lucky)- only for weapon-like elbows.

I did want to unleash the elbows on a family at swim lessons tonight. The 3 or 4 year old little girl was dressed in a barely-there bikini. Now I think toddlers in two-pieces are cute when the two-piece is not hoochie. But it was like some sort of stripper audition outfit (no pole at Miller's though).

Anyways, the tot, her dad, and g'ma were sharing *special* conversations. At one point g'ma says, "When you get out the water make sure your boobies are still in your suit." Say what? Boobies? On a three year old? NO! So wrong.

And that is just a highlight of the wonderful conversation. Death was twitching to give an accidental poke but I held back.




2 comments:

cyclefreaks said...

People are effing stupid. that's all there is to it.

morning miles said...

I think I omitted the part where the g'ma told the tyke that they needed to "go on a diet together."

Great, perpetuating dysmorphia.