Friday, December 26, 2008

Money for Nothing

One of the things I love the most about running is finding change on the street. Talk about your simple pleasures! I ran late this morning (David is kind enough to take the first shift on non-work days) and found a nickel. I was stoked. It was even on a street that I had not found money on before today.


The day after Thanksgiving netted a whole $1.38, all in change. I found it in three separate locations.


One of the only things I like about running in cooler weather is that my winter running pants have zippered pockets for change. When I wear shorts I end up storing change in my sports bra which can make me kind of jingly.


David and I usually both find at least a penny when we run (this is only weekend running- when I run early during the week it is too dark to spot money- except for the time when I was 6 months pregnant and found a 5 dollar bill).


I hope this post give you an idea of the mundane things that excite me that I know no one else gets excited about!


How about you? What mundane things get you excited?

2 comments:

cyclefreaks said...

when i used to run, i wouldn't bother unless it was at least a quarter. ;)

i went for a hike Friday, hit the gym for 30 minutes yesterday and am hoping to get something in here in about an hour. I'm trying!!

morning miles said...

I've exercised but it has hardly balanced my intake! Too mnay goodies!

Are you still thinking about doing the OKC marathon relay? I am contemplating the full run...

Some of my students throw away pennies! WTF??