Tuesday, March 31, 2009

the drought

I haven't been writing. Anywhere. Not only have I not maintained this blog, I also have not been writing grad school stuff the way I should. I did manage to complete the required 750-1000 word vignette that was due Monday, but I need to be working on the proposal and the like.

Why the drought? I don't know. It is almost as if I have a physical revulsion when it comes to writing. One problem has been cookies. I know it sounds stupid, but I have been spending about 6-8 hours every weekend sitting at a cookie booth. This is followed by additional time counting money and tracking sales (ok, we don't have to track them but I can't help but embrace my inner geek. Or maybe it is not so inner).

I am going to try to start posting more often (more often than the end of the month, lol!).

This weekend should be fun. We are going to see Elmo's Green Thumb. I can't wait to see Rachel's reaction. That kid is so funny. Just a piece of work.

Rachel threw up early Friday morning. I heard something and realized she was sick. When I got to her room I almost laughed. She had tried to catch her vomit, in an attempt to keep it off her bed. How sweet. And gross.

When I told Lauren that Rachel was sick and was staying home, Lauren started crying. Last time Rachel threw up, she ended up being hospitalized (she vomited so often that she perforated her esophagus. And she was only 9 months old.). So I had to reassure Lauren. It was a typical Lauren big hearted moment.

I was excited to find out that I will be teaching adjunct at TU in the fall (I snagged an OSU-Tulsa adjunct job for the fall earlier this spring). The TU class will take place during my plan time on Tuesdays. Yea:) The OSU-Tulsa class meets one Fri/Sat a month. I think this should all be manageable and should greatly help our ability to pay for the kiddos' schooling.

6 comments:

David said...

There is no inner to your geek. Sorry if that bursts your bubble. :)

morning miles said...

I know. I wear it like a badge. And what does that say about you.

Nicole Nascenzi said...

Welcome to the wonderful word of adjuncting (is that verb)!

morning miles said...

Thanks- I had my first taste last spring but am looking forward to another round.

cyclefreaks said...

LOL, David's comment cracked me up. :)

Congrats on the teaching gig. I will never get my phd. The thought of that much school makes me cringe. Kudos to you for having the guts to do it all...

morning miles said...

I may never get mine either! But I will be SOOOO HAPPPPYYYY in July when the coursework ends! So sick of being in class. And going to stillwater every Monday.